New Vegas didn’t come with multiplayer but this Fallout: New Vegas multiplayer mod will change that for you!
Released in 2010 by Bethesda, Fallout: New Vegas is one of the most popular Fallout titles. The game’s base campaign, quests, and the writing is just AMAZING. The game was well received by Fallout fans which is why it has a very rich modding community.
The modding community of Fallout: New Vegas is still very active after 11 years of the game’s release. Thanks to their hard work and dedication, you will find some truly extraordinary additions by modders.
But one thing that every single New Vegas wishes for is a Fallout 4: New Vegas multiplayer mod. New Vegas is a single player game and one can’t help but wonder how it would be even more fun if the game was multiplayer.
Turns out, there is a really good multiplayer mod for Fallout: New Vegas. Read on to find out what it is and how you can download it.
NV:MP – New Vegas Multiplayer Mod
The NVMP mod is a multiplayer mod for New Vegas that was scrapped by the creators back in 2019. However, in early 2021, the developers were kind enough to relaunch the mod which is still a work in progress.
This new edition seems to have fixed several sync issues and allows players to create their own private server. While the mod is a work in progress, players can still be a part of the community and play multiplayer Fallout: New Vegas on PC.
How to Install Fallout: New Vegas Multiplayer Mod 2021
Here’s how to install the NVMP mod:
- First, download the “nvmp_installer.exe” file from this Github link. The file will be automatically added to your game files after being installed.
- Now redirect to the Fallout: New Vegas local files.
- If you have Steam, go to your library and right-click on the game.
- Go to “Properties” > “Local Files” > “Browse”.
- Once the File Manager opens, search for “nvmp_launcher” and launch it.
- Now you will need a Discord account to join the NVMP Discord server. Make sure you are in the general voice chat when joining the server.
- Once joined, go back to the NVMP launcher and select “Authenticate”. If a popup appears asking for permissions, allow it. The game will now launch itself.
What to Do if An Error Occurs?
If an error occurs after the installation saying, “The service was stopped in 2019”, then go back to the launcher and click on “Repair”. If it still doesn’t work after trying to repair it multiple times, click on “Verify Steam Integrity”. The issue will be fixed.
There are more than 25,000 members in the active server with more than 9,000 users during peak hours. Since this Fallout: New Vegas multiplayer mod is a work in progress, the creators keep adding new features, making the mod better with every update. So jump in with your friends and explore the huge New Vegas map with your buddies!