Staying alive is a challenge in itself, especially in Fallout 4 where you cannot trust anyone. In order to survive, you can never have enough weapons. You need the best and biggest arsenal you can get your hands on. This is why I bring you Fallout 4 XM73, one of the best rifles you can get in Fallout 4.
Fallout 4 XM73 is a really cool Gauss Rifle mod developed by tumbajamba and Azrael_wtf. It adds an all new standalone rifle that has a lot of badass custom parts to choose from. Keep reading below to find out more about this immensely dangerous weapon.
Fallout 4 XM73 Gauss Rifle Features
XM73 Gauss Rifle/Sniper Rifle is an electric powered weapon that uses high voltage power to deal insanely high damage. Before firing, the gun charges for a few moments with blue electricity buzzing, that can be seen in the beautiful charge animation.
Interestingly, the XM73 comes with a wide range of modification options that you can choose to keep or remove. Let’s take a detailed look at the XM73 Gauss Rifle’s stats and modifications:
Fallout 4 XM73 Gauss Rifle Stats
The XM73 Experimental Gauss Rifle holds 7 rounds with the following stats:
- Damage: 253
- 2mm EC: 775
- Fire Rate: 66
- Range: 191
- Accuracy: 70
- Weight: 13.5 lbs.
- Value: 231
XM37 Gauss Rifle Modifications
Here are some modifications that you can make to the XM73 Gauss Rifle. You can add or remove these features.
- Standard Magazine
- Extended Magazines
- Standard Rail
- Shielded Rail
- Fully Shielded Rail
- Standard Coils
- Hypercharged Coils
- Standard Sights
- Muzzle/No Muzzle
- Standard Stock
- Markman’s Stock
- Tactical Stock
- Recoil Compensating Stock
- Experimental Suppressor
- Legendary Modification
How to Install XM73 in Fallout 4?
You can install the XM73 Gauss Rifle in Fallout 4 from here. But going ahead with the installation, here are a few prerequisites:
- Make sure that you have made all the necessary configurations in Fallout 4 to enable the mod. If you don’t know how to configure the files, check this guide here.
- Make sure you have enabled the loose files in order to load all the textures and content in the mod properly. If you don’t know how to do that, check this quick guide here.
Now that you are all caught up with, go ahead and install the XM37 Gauss Rifle mod to Fallout 4.
Install XM73 with Nexus Mod Manager (NMM)
- Download the XM37 mod from the Mod Manager Download link.
- Once the mod has been downloaded and installed in NMM, it will appear in the “Mods” tab.
- Activate and install the mod by selecting the mod and clicking on the Activate Button.
- Once the mod has been activated by NMM, it is all ready now.
- Simply launch Fallout 4 and the XM37 mod will be running in-game.
This mod works best with the Armor & Weapons Keywords Community Resource file that allows modders to easily modify armor and weapons. But if you do not use it, please enable the “New Workbench” option while installing the mod.
Install XM73 Manually
- Download Fallout 4 XM73 mod from the Manual Download option.
- From the downloaded file, extract the .zip file in a new folder.
- Copy all the extracted contents except the “Options” and “fomod” folders and paste into the “Fallout4/data” folder.
- If you have the “Armor & Weapons Keywords Community Resource” file installed and you want the new crafting workbench to make modifications, copy the “tumbajamba Advanced Engineering.esp” and “GaussRifleMk2 – tAE – AWKCR.esp” files from the “Options” folder in the extracted files and paste it into the “Fallout4/data’ folder.
If you do not have the “Armor & Weapons Keywords Community Resource” file installed and you want the new crafting workbench to make modifications, copy the “tumbajamba Advanced Engineering.esp” and “GaussRifleMk2 – tAE.esp” files from the “Options” folder in the extracted files and paste it into the “Fallout4/data’ folder.
- Finally, activate the .esps files that you have just copied.
How to Get the XM37 Gauss Rifle?
To get the XM37 Rifle after installing the mod, choose one of the following ways depending on your installation method:
- Craft the XM37 rifle at the “Advanced Engineering Workbench” from the Ballistic Weapons category.
- Craft the XM37 rifle at the “Weaponsmith Workbench” from the “Armor and Weapons Keywords Community Resource” from the Ballistic Weapons category.
Follow the instructions carefully to get your hands on one of the coolest rifles in Fallout 4. With tons of modifications and badass animations, the XM37 is definitely going to be your go-to rifle in Fallout 4.