Have you ever felt tired of Minecraft’s vanilla function when you move items around and use them in crafting? With this simple Inventory Sorting mod, you can save a lot of time moving things around and organizing your items efficiently. Let’s see how!
Inventory Sorting Mod
The Inventory Sorting mod is a new mod that adds one more button on the top right corner of every supported inventory (player inventory, chests, shulker boxes,…) in Minecraft. When clicked, the slots in the inventory below the button will be sorted by alphabet order. Super convenient!
The only downfall for this mod is you can only install it through Fabric since it requires Fabric API while most other Minecraft mods require Minecraft Forge. But still, everyone needs this sorting feature. If you’re looking for a simple, quick, and lightweight inventory sorter mod, this is definitely the mod for you!
How Can You Sort Your Inventory?
As mentioned above, you can sort your inventory quickly with a click of a button. But there are more ways to do so!
- Pressing a pre-defined hotkey in the Setting option
- Middle click the mouse button on an empty inventory slot
- Double click on an empty inventory slot
- Using commands: /sort or /sortme
You can blacklist a particular inventory if you don’t want to accidentally sort it. In most cases, you don’t want to blacklist it, but for example, if it’s your treasure chest, you will want to manually sort your valuables.
Minecraft Inventory Sorting Mod in Server (Multiplayer)
One of the reasons this mod is well-known is because you can install this on a server and it works super well. You can also install it on a client-side and play in singleplayer mode if you want.
How to Install Minecraft Inventory Sorting Mod
You will need to download Fabric and Fabric API first Then follow the steps below:
- Run Minecraft launcher.
- Click ‘Edit Profile‘ and choose your desired version, then start the launcher and wait for a few seconds. And close the launcher.
- Double-click the downloaded Fabric Loader X file (Where X is your desired version). Click the ‘Install’ button. After the installation is done, close that window.
- Run the Minecraft launcher again. Choose Fabric profile (with your chosen version) and click play.
- Run the game and quit after a few seconds, then close the launcher once again.
INVENTORY SORTING MOD & Mod Menu (+ Fabric API)
- Find the ‘Run’ command in your system menu and enter ‘%appdata%‘ in the dialog box, click the ‘OK‘ button.
- Locate to the .minecraft folder.
- Go to the ‘mods‘ folder.
- Copy and Paste/Cut the downloaded Fabric API X file and Inventory Sorting mod file. Now let’s launch the game again and enjoy the mod!
With Inventory Sorting mod, your life is a lot easier since you don’t need to spend hours sorting and finding your items and resources anymore! With that on, it’s best to use this mod with other storage or backpack mods for maximum effect. Let’s expand your storage system and improve your inventory management skill!