If you love using mods for Skyrim, the Skyrim Performance Monitor and Mod Organizer should be your go-to tools for managing your mods. However, many users have reported a Skyrim Performance Monitor Mod Organizer issue when using the two tools together. Today we will explain how to fix the issue and make both the mods work simultaneously.
Released by Bethesda, Skyrim is more than a decade old game with thousands of mods created by the biggest modding community to keep this epic game alive. While downloading, installing, and managing these mods without the Nexus mod manager or any other utility is completely possible, it is not at all convenient.
From the loading order of the mods to scripting, you may come across various issues. However, there are certain tools and utilities that make modding easier for Skyrim gamers and modders alike and fix these issues.
The Skyrim Performance Monitor and Mod Organizer 2 are some of the most popular Skyrim utilities. While one of these is a tool used to track your game’s stats, such as the memory, GPU, CPU, VRAM, Disk I/O, GPU Temperature, FPS, etc., the other allows you to manage your Skyrim mod collections.
However, when using the two tools simultaneously, many users complain of the duo not working properly. So if you are wondering how to use Skyrim Performance Monitor with Mod Organizer 2, we have put together a complete guide for how to use Mod Organizer 2 with Skyrim Performance Monitor x64 for both Skyrim and Skyrim Special Edition.
So without further ado, let’s find out how to fix the Skyrim Performance Monitor Mod Organizer issue.
How to fix “Skyrim Performance Monitor Mod Organizer” not working?
If you are having trouble running Skyrim Performance Monitor with Mod Organizer on PC, you are not alone. Even if you have enabled Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE) and ENBoost, you may run into some problems. For instance, some users complain about Skyrim Performance Monitor not working with Mod Organizer, even when they edit the default file paths.
So if you are in a similar situation, follow these steps:
- Launch Skyrim Performance Monitor and click on “Setup”.
- For Skyrim INI File Path: “D:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Mod Organizer\profiles\Profile 1\skyrimprefs.ini“, go to search and find the Mod Organizer folder > Profile Folder, and then click on prefs.ini.
- For Skyrim Main Program File Path: “D:\Games\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Skyrim\TESV.exe“, go to search and then to the Main Skyrim Folder, and click on TESV.exe.
- For Skyrim Launcher File Path: “D:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Mod Organizer\ModOrganizer.exe“, go to search, find the Mod Organizer folder, and then click on ModOrganizer.exe.
- Once you are done in the Skyrim Performance Monitor, click on the “Launch Skyrim” option. This will also launch the Mod Organizer.
- Finally, launch SKSE using the Mod Organizer.
This will fix any and all issues you may be having with Skyrim Performance Monitor and Mod Organizer.
Now that you know how to fix the bugs, let’s see what these two tools really do and how you can make the most of them.
What Is Skyrim Performance Monitor?
Skyrim Performance Monitor is a tool created by Sir Garnon that allows you to track Skyrim’s GPU, CPU, Disk I/O, Memory, VRAM, FPS, Threads System Resource Usage, and GPU Temperature, as these stats are related to the installed mods and INI settings.
Here is a list of all the cools things this tool can do for you:
- Pause monitoring while you are playing Skyrim.
- Capture in-game screenshots.
- Display INI settings related to various common performance metrics.
- Show a graph and display Skyrim’s GPU, CPU, Disk I/O, Memory, VRAM, FPS, Threads System Resource Usage, and GPU Temperature.
You can customize the in-game display colors, display order, font size, and the graphs by using the counter hotkeys.
In order to install this mod, you will either need Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10. It also requires the latest version of the Microsoft .NET Framework.
In order to install this utility, you will need to run the two installer programs that are downloaded. For more directions to install this tool, check out the Nexus mod page for Skyrim Performance Monitor below.
Download Skyrim Performance Monitor
Download Skyrim Performance Monitor SE
What Is MOD Organizer 2?
Mod Organizer is yet another most popular Skyrim utility that allows players to manage their mod collections in an organized way. It is especially ideal for players who like to try out different mods as it makes it easy for them to install and uninstall mods quickly.
Mod Organizer 2 is not just utility for Skyrim players. In fact, it supports all 32-bit and 64-bit games, including Fallout 4, Skyrim Special Edition, and others. This advanced mod manager for supports the following Bethesda games:
- Skyrim SE
- Skyrim VR
- Fallout NV
- Fallout 3
- Fallout 4
- Fallout 4 VR
- Tale of Two Wastelands (TTW)
- Enderal (Steam Edition)
What sets this mod organizer apart is the fact that this tool does not modify the vanilla game installations. It does so by keeping each mod file separately in its folder, instead of installing them in the game folder. What’s more, it also does not mess with any of the game INI configuration files as it uses its own set.
Therefore, whenever you start the game using Mod Organizer 2, all the mods will be active. Otherwise, they remain in their vanilla unmodded state when you start the game normally. In easier words, it means that you won’t have to transfer any files in order to enable or disable mods. You can also modify the order in which these mods are installed by dragging and dropping them easily.
Some of the most notable features of Mod Organizer 2 include:
- Installation order management and drag & drop feature for the load order.
- Archive extraction and invalidation.
- Savegame viewer.
- Manual installers have GUI support.
- Clear display of file conflicts.
- Isolated mods to avoid an unorganized data directory.
- Easier downloads, installation, and updates with Nexus integration.
- Partially compatible with fomod installers and BAIN.
- Mods categorization.
Mod Organizer 2 requires Microsoft Windows 10 and the x64 version of the 2019 redistributable, VC redist x64. You will also need the MSVC 2019 runtime library in order for Mod Organizer 2 to function properly.
Use the installer to install Mod Organizer 2 as it will download and install all the essentials components along with it. Do note that this tool should not be installed within a system protected folder, as it will run into issues with the vfs library.
Download Mod Organizer for Skyrim
Download Mod Organizer 2 for Skyrim SE
So that’s all, folks! Now that you know how to fix the Skyrim Performance Monitor Mod Organizer issue, go ahead and make the most of these best utilities. Happy gaming!
Are you looking for the best Skyrim movement speed mods? Check out these 18 super fast movement speed mods for Skyrim and Skyrim SE.